“FOODfiles Data” means the data and other nutritional information content published in the FOODfiles database, the Concise Tables and the Nutrient Information panel (NIP).
“we, “us” and “our” mean The New Zealand Institute for Plant & Food Research Limited (trading as Plant & Food Research) and the Ministry of Health (New Zealand) on behalf of the Crown;
“website” means the website www.foodcomposition.co.nz ; and
“you” or “your” are a reference to you.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
Except as expressly provided on the website, we hold all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the website and the information on the website including the FOODFiles Data (collectively our “intellectual property”) and reserve all of our rights.
We grant you a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty free, right to access and use the FOODfiles Data subject to the following conditions:
- You must not modify any part of the FOODfiles Data;
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure you do not do anything that might undermine or compromise the security and integrity of the FOODfiles Data;
- You will notify us immediately upon becoming aware that the security and/or integrity of the FOODfiles Data may have been threatened or compromised;
- Where you access or use or reproduce all or any part of the FOODfiles Data in or as part of any good, product or service, in whatever form (together the “works”), you must ensure:
- the FOODfiles Data is clearly presented in its original and unaltered form;
- we are acknowledged on or within the works as the source of the FOODfiles data; and
- If requested by us, you will provide us with such access to the works as is reasonable in the circumstances.
Information within the website may change from time to time. In particular, we reserve the right to update, change, correct or withdraw the FOODfiles Data at any time without notice.
We will endeavour to keep this website and its contents, particularly the FOODfiles Data, up to date and accurate. However, we make no representation or warranty (whether express or implied) that:
- the content displayed on this website is up to date or accurate, or that it is suitable for your intended use or circumstances (or the intended use or circumstances of any third parties); or
- the website will operate on a continuous or fault free basis.
Liability and Indemnity
We will not be held liable for any damage, loss (including direct losses or consequential damages) costs or expenses of any kind which arise out of any use of the website, the website’s content, or any good or service supplied by us.
If you use our website or FOODFiles Data in trade, you now agree with us to contract out of the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Links to other Websites
We do not endorse any other website (or any organisation or person associated with such website) to which a link is provided on the website.
We will hold securely any personal information about you that we receive through the website. We will only use that information for our own business purposes or objectives. You may request access to and correction of any errors in that information from us.
Your access to and use of the website and the information on the website are governed exclusively by New Zealand law.
Any notices to us should be sent to The Manager, Science and Business Solutions, Plant and Food Research, Private Bag 92169, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland 1142 or emailed to us at